The SECOND CHANCES INITIATIVE is a resource alternative for children who are in jeopardy of no longer being a good fit at school. Second Chances links children to a Support Coach/Tutor that will provide support services to children who are at-risk of failing or dropping out of school.
SECOND CHANCES participants receive:
- Academic advising and homework assistance
- Intrusive support services
- Barriers to success sessions
- Self-esteem and self-confidence coaching
- Relationship building (family and friends)
- Financial literacy exercises
- Career goals exploration
- College readiness (if applicable)
To participate in the program, enrollment is required by completing an intake form and supporting documents. Additionally, parents are asked to meet with the Executive Director regularly to discuss and monitor progress for the child enrolled in the program.